New Zealand: Tests required for pet travel.
- Brucellosis (agglutination method for Brucella canis anti-).
- Leptospirosis (agglutination method for detecting antibodies to Leptospira interrogans).
- Heartworm (direct detection by visualization after filtration of blood).
- Babesiosis (Babesia gibsoni):
- Antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence.
- Miocroscópico examination of stained blood smear.
Tests must be made within 30 days before departure.
Sample Type: serum (1 to 2 ml), separated from blood and introduced into a microtube (Eppendorf or similar), and complete blood anticoagulated (1.2 mL) for microscopic examination of Babesia spp introduced into a microtube. (Eppendorf or similar), and these in turn into another plastic tube protector first. These tubes can be sent in a polystyrene box isothermal (Styrofoam), or within a padded envelope, as a protective measure to prevent breakage. Send by mail to be received the next day in the laboratory.
Completion time: 10 days from the receipt of the sample (if it was before it would communicate).
Cost of testing: