- So that samples may have official value, they must have been taken by a registered veterinarian, who will be responsible for properly been taken, by completing the appropriate form.
- Our laboratory indicate in the report that samples have not been taken by us, but we have only tested it with the received samples.
Background: In the conserved parts from animals must be excluded the presence of Bacillus anthracis spores, which could be present , if any, in any part of the piece. For this reason a careful procedure to try to recover, if any, spores of any part of the piece must be followed.
sterile gauze pads
Plastic container (polypropylene) sterile 100-200 ml capacity.
- Using sterile gloves, take a sterile gauze and go through all the accessible surface of the workpiece.
- In the case of preserved skins, sterile gauze on the outer face (hairs) it will pass and another on the inner face but is tanned.
- In the case of skulls, it will be passed by both the outer surface and the inner accessible.
- Introducing gauzes in sterile plastic container, seal and identify the corresponding reference number, date of sample collection, and name-surname of the person who has taken.
- Fill out a form with the data to be provided on the lab report (Date of sample collection / identification reference part / name of the veterinarian who has collected the sample / number of referee / Signature / Contact to refer the report and billing information).
- Refer to the laboratory by courier in case of breakage protected: