Beer spoilage by Lactobacillus brevis and / or Lactobacillus lindneri: Molecular diagnosis (PCR); Molecular identification (sequencing); Quantitative culture.
Tests in IVAMI:
- Detection of Lactobacillus brevis and Lactobacillus lindneri of samples for specific for each species PCR.
- If it is positive for Lactobacillus brevis, detecting the presence of Lactobacillus brevis of beer degrader.
- Should be positive for Lactobacillus brevis degrader beer and / or Lactobaillus lindneri, proceed with quantitative culture if desired.
Cost of testing
- Identification of Lactobacillus brevis by PCR and verification by sequencing.
- Identification of Lactobacillus lindneri by PCR and sequencing verification by
- Identification of strains of Lactobacillus brevis, causing degradation by detecting the corresponding gene by PCR (only if positive for Lactobacillus brevis).
- Quantitative plating specific means for Lactobacillus spp., Incubated in anaerobiosis (only if positive for Lactobacillus brevis and / or Lactobacillus lindneri).
Delivery of results
The minimum necessary for carrying out the methods. Crops 4 to 5 days; PCRs tests 48 to 72 hours; Sequencing tests 72 to 96 hours ..
Type of sample:
Bottle of beer or water in wishing to make detections.
Preservation and shipment of sample:
Refrigerated (preferred) for a maximum time of 24 to 48 hours.
Cost of the test: